Monday, February 16, 2015

My Favorite Morning Coffee

Ok, so this isn’t a blog post about if coffee is good for you or not. That’s for another day. Today we’re talking about my favorite way to indulge in a morning cup of coffee - cardamom coffee with cashew vanilla creamer. First, let’s make the cashew creamer. Make a batch of it and keep it in the fridge to use over the next 5 days. It’s also good in tea.

Cashew creamer:
1/2 cup of raw cashews (soaked, preferably, but its ok if you don’t)
A pinch of vanilla powder (or vanilla extract)
Put these ingredients into your blender. Add water and cover by about 1/2 inch (I’m guessing this is about 3/4 cups of water - but I never measure). Blend.

Then make your coffee using your preferred method. Add a generous pinch of cardamom (and cinnamon if you like) to the coffee grounds before you brew. Once your cup is ready, add the cashew creamer to taste. Yum! Enjoy on a snowy morning like I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment