Friday, April 18, 2014

healthy costco haul!



Healthy, organic food... not the easiest thing to find where I live! I heard a semi-local Costco had a decent selection of healthy, organic grub so I went to check it out! Here are some of the highlights of items that are hard to find at my local grocery store. Yes, I filled my car trunk - I was really out of food & bulk buying actually saves $$!

Dates
I love Medjool dates for raw desserts & fueling workouts. Big box of dates for $8.79 - not bad.

Quinoa4lbs - presoaked - 4 lbs for 18.99 - thats the cheapest I’ve been able to find it! Expect some quinoa recipes here soon.


Organic Brown Rice
$13.99 for 5 lbs. This is a staple for me. I make a big batch and eat with soups and stir fries.


Organic Berry Blend
This is what I went to Costco for. Huge bag of frozen berries (blueberries, cherries, pomegranate, strawberries, raspberries) and its organic too. $10.49 for a big bag. Perfect for throwing in smoothies every morning!


Hemp Hearts
Love these for smoothies and salad & oatmeal toppers. Hemp is a complete protein.  I usually order these from Amazon, so I was happy to see them & at a reasonable price.

Raw Almonds
3 lb bag for $14.99. Use these for homemade almond milk (so much cheaper and healthier without preservatives and sweetener) & granola & trail mixes.


*They also had chia seeds, but I didn’t need any.
**This Costco was in Pottstown, PA.

No comments:

Post a Comment