Thursday, March 27, 2014

Favorite Snack :: Mashed Sweet Potato

Like a lot of people, I definitely battle some serious sugar cravings at times! One trick that works for me is to eat a sweet vegetables. I LOVE sweet potatoes! When I lived in California I would buy them by the case. They are high in fiber, and satisfy the appetite. The micro-nutrients in sweet potatoes can also help prevent heart disease and cancer. And, they are freakin' delicious. Here is quick sweet potato snack I have been loving.

Assemble:
One sweet potato
Cinnamon
Maple Syrup
Celtic Sea Salt


Make:
Peel the sweet potato if not organic. Chop into large pieces and steam until tender. Mash with a fork. Mix in a bit of cinnamon, a dash of salt, and a small drizzle of maple syrup. If you like something more savory, I like to mash in salsa or hot sauce instead of the cinnamon/maple syrup combo.


Vegan, Gluten-free, Oil-free

No comments:

Post a Comment