Sunday, December 14, 2014

5 Holistic Holiday Gifts under $20

Here is my guide to holiday gifting on a budget in a holistic and healthy way. Last week I wrote about not stressing out about gifts AND not going into debt to buy gifts. Everything here is less than $20 per person or less. I hope these ideas inspire you!

Books. As a health coach, I read a lot of  self-help, healthy living and nutrition cooks as well as cookbooks. Here is my list of favorite books I’ve found this year that I will be gifting - all are under $20.

Coffee or Tea. Any coffee or tea drinker will appreciate some gourmet beans or teas! I like to order loose leaf teas from Mountain Rose Herbs - Kukicha, Rooibos and Chai are my favorites. For coffee try Coava, Blue Bottle, Ladro, Lighthouse and Four Barrel beans - my husband’s picks - he loves coffee.

Superfoods. They can be used in smoothies, in home-made desserts and in some cases added to salads. My favorites are hemp seeds, goji berries, cacao nibs, vanilla powder or maca powder.

Cookie Tins (they will never guess these are healthy treats). Spend a weekend afternoon baking cookies - then package into festive tins. You can get pretty tins at the dollar store. Just skip the refined sugar  - try these recipes:

Granola. Make a big batch of granola and give it awat in mason jars. Below is my easy granola recipe with some chocolate included - for the holidays It can be made for just a few dollars per person.


image-3.jpeg
Holiday Homemade Granola Recipe
(Makes 3 quarts)
6 cups whole gluten-free oats
1 cup nuts (almond, walnut, pecan)
1/2 cup seeds (sesame, sunflower, pumpkin)
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 tsp cardamom
3/4 cup dried fruit (dates, sour cherries, cranberries)

Oven @ 350F.

Mix everything together except for the dried fruit. Spread onto 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper.

Bake for 30 minutes - stirring a few times.

Let cool completely & stir in dried fruit.

*Vegan & Gluten-free*

No comments:

Post a Comment